Since becoming a mom, I’ve learned the value of connections. Even more so once I started working from home. Today, I wouldn’t say that I’m cliquish, but I am grateful to have the handful of girlfriends I have. It has taken me 30 something years to find women that I like, respect and appreciate. Without a doubt, I treasure every moment that I can spend with them; which is few and in between. In a way, I guess it’s true that with age does come wisdom.
Thank God for social media and the World Wide Web for helping me keep these relationships intact.-Kelle
For my daughters, I want them to know how to be a friend at a very young age, and find friendships where competition and insecurity are replaced by encouragement and trust. No clique, just good pals.
The bridges they build today can open up amazing doors as they get older. I hope these four nuggets of wisdom and will serve them well.
- True girlfriends are those who take and give in equal measure – but always remember to measure over the length of a yard and not over the length of an inch.
- Don’t flirt with her boyfriend, spouse or love interest.
- If you find a friend that can make you laugh so hard you pee….don’t let her go.
- Apologize when you screw up, because you will.
- Be trustworthy”A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret.” (Proverbs 11).
- You have been placed in each other’s lives with great purpose. Cherish each other.
Well. till the next adventure, take care, QC Supermom!