Things are getting tight! Congress is cutting even more resources for families, from wages, child care resources to SNAP. It’s okay. Be proactive and start spending more wisely. Life is full of stress & drama. Don’t let the stress of money be the down fall of your happy home. Will Smith said it best: Too
many people spend money they haven’t earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like. You don’t have to be that way!
Here are some simple money saving tips that anyone can do!
- Use more cloth– do away with paper towels, and paper napkins.
- Make your own household cleaners – I use vinegar and baking soda for almost everything!
- Use your local library – I can pretty much request any book I would like to read and my library will let me know when it’s available!
- Borrow items – barter, borrow and exchange almost anything & everything,etc with friends and family
- Hang dry your clothing – Easy and they smell so good from being in the sun!
- Turn down your heat – there’s no need for your heat to be as high at night time and while you’re out of the house for an extended period.
- Make your own baby food – when you’re serving vegetables for your family, set some aside to make your own pureed/mashed baby food.
- Shop clearance racks – If you’re in need of some clothing, wait until you find something great on the clearance racks!
- Reuse your sandwich bags – Of course, I throw out the ones that held raw meat.
It’s easy to impress me. I don’t need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I’m happy. I’m satisfied. I’m content.-Jabela Ledsi
- Use your plastic grocery bags as garbage bags – Occasionally I’ll end up with some plastic bags that I put to use in our kitchen and bathrooms!
- Menu Plan – I know, I know, but it really does save us huge amounts of money! Try it and see how it works for you!
- Think about your purchases before you make them – Walk away, if you find
you still need it or really love it after a period of time, then buy it. I don’t know how many times I’ve walked away and ended up not purchasing an item because I realized that I didn’t need it or want it that badly.
Here’s a few more resources:
More money advice from pigs. 🙂
LOWER YOUR mobile phone bill like I did- for real-Try Solavei
5 Extreme Ways to Go Frugal and Save
Make your own laundry detergent & other ways to stop throwing away money.