My son just called asking about his laundry issues. I know that I taught him how to do laundry ,but obviously he missed something. Lucky you! Here are a few laundry tips and other keys to a easy life. 🙂 If I left anything out, please tell me here. I’m sure the other kids will need this info also.
College kid TIPS:
1. Remove pimples! Dab some lemon juice on the pimple.
2. You know that sticky residue that collects on irons? Run the iron (don’t use the steam setting) over white paper sprinkled with salt.
3. Add 1/2 cup of lemon juice to a load of laundry to brighten whites.
4. Broken necklace? Connect it with dental floss till you can get it fixed.
5. Clean your microwave by placing a glass bowl filled with 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 cup water inside and heating it for five minutes on the highest setting. After the mixture cools, use a cloth dipped in it to wipe off splattered food stains.
6. Breath stinks? Chew on some parsley or cilantro.
7. Put a slice of bread in a bag of hard brown sugar and check it a few days later. The brown sugar will soften and become usable (and edible) again.
8. Keep the microfrige fresh-smelling and dry by lining the bottom with newspaper.
Make Your Own Baking Soda and Coconut Oil Toothpaste
Homemade Baking Soda and Coconut Oil Toothpaste Ingredients:
A. Mix baking soda and coconut oil in a small container, until it forms a paste like consistency
B. Add several drops of peppermint oil and mix (*peppermint is optional)
9. Make a paste out of lemon juice and salt and use it to scour and disinfect your bathroom surfaces (but don’t use on marble!).
10. Sound the alarm. To keep unwanted people out your closet, room, etc. tie a small bell to the door.When the door opens the ring will sound.
11. Let your car warm up! Racing a cold engine increases wear.
12. Hangover? I know it happens. Just grab a cold tea bag to relieve those tired eyes.
So how’d I do?
Happy Fall, QC Supermom