The Pink Grasshopper Holistic Birth Doula program is comprehensive in it’s scope.
We teach a practical and well rounded body of information about childbirth…
all the basics…yet the material is presented holistically and
with a balance of the intuitive and the clinical.
* Reproductive Anatomy
* Pregnancy Physiology
* Labor and Birth Medical Terminology
* History and Duties of the Labor and Postpartum Doula
* Compassion, Care and Cultural Awareness Skills
* 6 Holistic Therapies for Pregnancy and Birthing
* Maternal Social Services
* Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy
* Prenatal Care Assistance
* Labor and Birth Assistance
* Birthing Ball and Rebozo Techniques
* Birthing Options
* The Role of the Father
* The Birth Plan
* Breastfeeding Support
* Infant Care including Baby Bonding Techniques
* The Doula Business 101
You will learn –
• Feminine anatomy and hormones of the reproductive system and the female cycles.
• How to understand birth as an organic process and how to support a mother’s choices in various places…home, hospital, birthing center.
• How to articulate and navigate through the cultural perspectives concerning birth.
• How to nurture a pregnant woman.
• How the baby navigates the pelvis during the process of labor
• How labor unfolds without interference and how to facilitate women in that process.
• Options in childbirth…choosing caregivers, waterbirth, positions for delivery
• Understanding the cervix…dilation and effacement, cervical lips, ruffling the membranes, Bishop’s score for induction.
• How to understand some of the controversial topics in childbirth…ultrasound, induction of labor, rupture of membranes, Group Beta strep, cord clamping, neonatal jaundice…
• How to employ healing modalities that facilitate self-direction in mothers and families.
• How to tend placentas and offer Placenta encapsulation.
• How to create win/win and collaborative solutions when things do not go as planned.
• How to present yourself as a doula in the community and how to integrate your practice of woman care with the knowledge of birth.
Certification requirements are easy and simple. The reading of
Protecting Your Birth: A Guide For Black Mothers
How racism can impact your pre- and postnatal care — and advice for speaking to your Ob-Gyn about it. by The New York Times ( Bring a copy to the workshop for discussion) Prerequisite
And birth experience (Those who has either birthed a child or attended births.)
Due before certification
The cost of the 3-day program is $360. Payable via PayPal, or Vimeo. Pay Here
About the trainer: Kelle Pressley Perkins aka “Jabela Ledsi”
Encouraged to support women between the birth of her own nine children, Kelle has been helping families with childbirth education, labor & birth, and lactation support since 2010. Moving to Charlotte in 1998, she met and so many implants with no support like her, infused to serve. It became very important to help educate others who felt the same way. Her initial mom group, Queen City Stay At Home Moms began partnering with both local & national nonprofits, and businesses. The goal was to create a safe and resourceful community through blogging, job sharing and product reviews. That grew quickly to free training and long term educational opportunities.
Kelle, used her education from Johnson and Wales University as a spring board to increase her brand as a solid life style brand ambassador for moms. Going back to workshops to learn more about fertility, childbirth education, and postpartum was a natural choose. Teaching parenting classes, to expectant families, birth moms, and adopting parents came next, In 2012, she was able to take the leap away from parenting classes, and focus full-time attention on caring for women. Bridging the gap between Childbirth Education and many other cultural challenges that face mothers of color. She has served in many capacities, along the side of numerous state and federal policy changers. While learning more about the wisdom of women’s bodies, Kelle realized there is yet so much more to learn. In that quest to learn more, and more work need to be done to save more moms and babies of color. She is very honored to learn from many granny midwives and elders on how birth used to be and why we must remember the mom after delivery. This is what she wants to share with YOU. Register today.
Your Doula, “Jabela” The Pink Grasshopper
This Birth Doula workshop includes all of these steps required for TPG Certification:
Hours for workshop— 8 am – 5pm EACH DAY
Tuition includes a childbirth education workbook, breastfeeding course workbooks, business forms, online mentoring, continental breakfast, nutritious snacks and beverages.
For More Information, Contact Jabela (980) 247-2072
LOCATION for Training – PRIVATE LOCATION in Charlotte and Mooresville NC. Will be given upon registration.
Your place in this Doula Workshop is not held without your ‘paid’ tuition.
– Refund Policy: A refund, less $30 processing fee,
is given if participant cancels two weeks or more
before workshop date.
If cancellation is less than two weeks prior to the workshop date, no refunds are given .
All lunches are on your own. Feel free to bring your lunch or dine at one of many nearby restaurants.
Nursing babies may attend.
You know your baby best. Please keep learning needs (your own as well as others) in mind if you choose to bring your young baby. If you need childcare, bring your baby. We have a child care provider on staff. Small fee added per day.