One of my favorite street vendors and I was talking and somehow we began discussing dental care. I still don’t recall how we got on the subject, but he asked for resources because he wanted his remaining teeth all removed. I knew there were local resources, but couldn’t recall them at that time.
Once I got home I was able to collect this list for him from posting online already. I’m gonna print it and hope he makes good use of it.This list is a gift to any adult in the medical coverage whole as well. If you are not near any of these locations, just use the keywords and enter your town or county name. Something must come up.
Low Cost and Free Dental clinics in or near Charlotte
1. Dental Hygiene Clinic at CPCC
1335 Elizabeth Avenue Charlotte, NC – 28204 704-330-6704
Teeth cleaning, fluoride and x-rays. Screening is free; walk-in, first-come first serve; call for screening days and hours. If accepted, $20.00 per visit for appointments.
2. Carolinas Mobile Dentistry
1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte, NC – 28203 (704) 355-5317 Clinic Full Details
- Bethesda Health Center 133 Stetson Dr., Charlotte, NC 28262, 704-596-5606
- CMC Biddle Point 1801 Rozzelles Ferry Rd. , Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-446-9987
- CMC Elizabeth Family Practice 2001 Vail Ave., Charlotte, NC 28207, 704-304-7000
- CMC Myers Park 1350 S. Kings Dr., Charlotte, NC 28207, 704-446-1600
- CMC NorthPark 251 Eastway Dr., Charlotte, NC 28213, 704-446-9991
- C. W. Williams Community Health Center, Inc. 3333 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-393-7720
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions 1100 S. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28203 24-hour Call Center: 1-800-939-5911
- Care Ring 601 E 5th St. Ste 140, Charlotte, NC 28202, 704-375-0172
- Charlotte Community Health Clinic 8401 Medical Plaza Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262, 704-316-6561 J. Dental Hygiene Clinic at CPCC 1335 Elizabeth Ave., Charlotte, NC 28204, 704-330-6704
- Free Clinic of Our Towns Davidson 212 Gamble St., Davidson, NC 28036, 704-896-0471
- HeartBright Cardiac Resource Center 2923 South Tryon St. Ste 200, Charlotte, NC 28203, 704-373-3002
- Lake Norman Community Health Clinic 14230 Hunters Rd., Huntersville, NC 28078, 704-316-6611
- Matthews Free Medical Clinic 196 S. Trade St., Matthews, NC 28105, 704-841-8882
- Mecklenburg County Health Department 2845 Beatties Ford Rd., Charlotte, NC 28216, Information 704-336-4700, Appointments: 704-336-6500
- Mecklenburg County Health Department 249 Billingsley Rd., Charlotte, NC 28211, Information: 704–336-4700, Appointments: 704-336-6500
- Mecklenburg County Health Department Pediatric Dental Clinic 1801 Rozzelles Ferry Rd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 980-314-9600
- NC MedAssist 601 E 5th St. Ste 350, Charlotte, NC 28202, 704-536-1790
- Shelter Health Services, Inc 534 Spratt St., Charlotte, NC 28206, 704-334-0000
- Teen Health Connection 3541 Randolph Rd. Ste 206, Charlotte, NC 28211, 704-381-8336 – Novant Health Mobile Community Care Cruiser Mobile Unit with various locations throughout the County, 704-384-3031
3. Gaston Family Health Services Pediatric Dentistry
18 miles away from Charlotte
890 Summit Crossing Place Gastonia, NC – 28054 704-874-0377
Nearby Dental Clinic: 18 miles from Charlotte
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Services: Pediatric Dentistry This facility sees children ages 0-13 and offers Sedation Dentistry. As well, they provide a full range of primarydental services like cleanings, fluoride varnish, fillings, sealants, extractions, pulpotomies (babyroot ca
website Clinic Full Details
4. The Ada Jenkins Center Free Clinic Of Out Towns
20 miles away from Charlotte
212 Gamble St Davidson, NC – 28036 (704) 896-0471 Clinic Full Details
Nearby Dental Clinic: 20 miles from Charlotte
The mobile center provides quality dental care to those in need in the north Mecklenburg and south Iredell area. Basic dental services are provided at this center(dental screenings, cleanings, fillings, extractions, oral health education and referrals to specialty services). Volunteer dental profess
5. Gaston Family Health Services Dental Clinic
21 miles away from Charlotte
991 W. Hudson Blvd.Gastonia, NC – 28052 704-853-5191 Clinic Full Details
Nearby Dental Clinic: 21 miles from Charlotte
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm This facility opened in January 1996, and began treating patients in July 2004. They serve people who have Medicaid, Health Choice, or private insurance as well as those who are uninsured or underinsured and cannot afford fees charge
6. York County Free Clinic
22 miles away from Charlotte
410 Oakland Ave Rock Hill, SC – 29732 803-366-6337 Clinic Full Details
Nearby Dental Clinic: 22 miles from Charlotte
Clinic HoursMonday-Thursday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm(Closed for lunch 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm)Friday (Closed) York County Free Clinic provides compassionate care for qualified patients (age 18-64) by appointment only for free services, including dental care. Visit the website provided for full information
website Clinic Full Details
601 E. Fifth St., Suite 140 Charlotte, North Carolina 28202 Phone number (704) 375-0172
Matthews Health Clinic
113 N. Ames St. Charlotte, NC 28105 (704) 841-1694
One of the leading place to turn to for help in the greater Charlotte area. A number of basic medical and dental care services are offered, and programs are targeted at the less fortunate and uninsured.
Medical Society, Mecklenburg County – This is a great resource for referrals to government programs and local community clinics as well as social services.
Location of the clinic is 1112 Harding Pl., Suite 200 Charlotte, North Carolina 28204
Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) @ Myers Park
Address – 1350 S. Kings Dr.Charlotte, North Carolina 28207 Phone number – (704) 446-1600
Primary Health-Care of Charlotte, P.A.
Address and phone numbers are 508 Beatties Ford Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28216 Dial – (704) 347-1172
Loving Touch Adult Day/Health Care Center, Inc.
Address of the health center is – 1302 Beatties Ford Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28216 Call the location at (704) 331-0015
Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) @ NorthPark
251 Eastway Dr. Charlotte, North Carolina 28213 (704) 446-9991
Physicians Reach Out
Location is 601 E. Fifth St., Suite 150 Charlotte, NC 28202 (704) 371-4740
Many volunteer nurses, doctors, dentists, and hygienists provide free health and dental care to the homeless and people who can’t afford to pay medical or hospital bills.
- W. Williams Community Health Center @ Wilkinson Blvd.
3333 Wilkinson Blvd. Charlotte, North Carolina 28266
Call (704) 393-7720 to speak to a medical professional and to make an appointment. A charity care program is in place for the poor and uninsured.
Another office of the C. W. Williams Community Health Center is @ Midtown Medical Office
Address – 1918 Randolph Rd., Rm. #670 Charlotte, NC 28207 Main phone number: (704) 393-7720
Greenville Neighborhood Center. – City of Charlotte Neighborhood Development
1330 Spring St. Charlotte, NC 28206 (704) 336-2877
CMC Biddle Point – Health Department
1801 Rozzelles Ferry Rd. Charlotte, NC 28208 Dial the clinic at (704) 350-7300
As the name implies, the clinic focuses on offering dental care. Some services, such as cleanings or check ups, may be provided for free to income qualified families.
Health Department Clinics at Billingsley
Address 249 Billingsley Rd. Charlotte, NC 28211 Dial the Mecklenburg community clinic at (704) 336-4700
Some of the health care that may be available includes pharmaceutical services (as appropriate), out reach, patient education, basic check ups, and immunization and prenatal care.
200 Hawthorne Ln. Charlotte, North Carolina 28204 Call the center at (704) 384-4000
As you look through this list, I encourage you to contact your local politicians and remind them why expanding Medicaid is important t o you and your loved ones.