Sometimes I just don’t feel like doing anything.Today is one them. Here’s one of my favorite- “Kids R’ Home & Hungry- & I can’t think of anything else to cook'” dish.
** This recipe was created by my 11 year old niece and daughter,so you should be able to pull it off by yourself!****
- 1 pound crumbled and cooked sausage. I use soy or turkey based.
- 6 slices wheat bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup diced green and red peppers
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk- of course you can use the “cow juice”
- a dash of salt – because I care about your health
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Spread bread cubes in sprayed 9 x 13 inch baking dish;
- Top with soy sausage, peppers and cheese.
- Whisk eggs,milk, and mustard until well blended; pour over cheese.
- Cover with foil and label with freezer directions: Thaw 24 hours. Bake covered 45 minutes at 350 Remove foil and bake 5 minutes. Stand 5 minutes.
- OR Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes.
Leftovers may be frozen and thawed 24 hours and reheated in the oven. (avoid the microwave………)