Yesterday, I had 2 (two) 15 year olds today, I have 2 (two) 16 year olds. They are a year apart, but one girls birthday is the 22, the other is the 27th and the third daughter – another year apart birthday is the end of next month. They have been cooking for years. Which is a great life long skill. So this part of her Sweet 16 Book is easy.
What is the “Sweet 16 Book?” It’s the mega life hack book for all teen girls. The purpose of this book is to ensure that I haven’t missed anything in my mission in preparing them for adulthood. I want their future husband, employees, and friends to view them as a blessing and not look at me crossed eyes for sending them out the house ignorant and useless.Also the goal is to answer the question what else is there to know beside your left and right turn signals from the drivers testing booklet.
Today I’m covering RECIPES:
These recipes will make them look good at any dinner party. First up is easy,
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1½ Cups Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- Sautee diced onion in the olive oil until onions are cooked through.
- Add in frozen peas and carrots and cook until warm throughout.
- Add in rice and let it sizzle for about 2 minutes on each side before stirring.
- Sprinkle in garlic powder and soy sauce.
- Serve hot.
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 Medium Sweet Onions chopped
- 2 Medium Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Package Polska Kielbasa Turkey Sausage chopped into ¼ inch pieces.
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 TBS Chili Powder
- 1 8oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 TBS Oregano, Pink Salt & Pepper
- 1 TBS Butter
- Melt the butter.
- Add in chopped green pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Sautee pepper, onion, and garlic for about 5 minutes or until onion starts to turn clear.
- Add in chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and your favorite Polska turkey sausage.
- Sautee for 10 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, water, tomato sauce, and rice.
- Bring to a boil and cook on medium heat until rice is tender and liquid has completely evaporated.